Saturday, July 21, 2012

Life is a Battlefield

     My heart has become heavy after contemplating the song "Open Letter" from KB. The song is such an awesome perspective that also inspired my design on the left because the song reminds me that daily we are tempted and have battles both carnal and spiritual.

     The song spoke to me in many ways and the simple fact "Life is a Battlefield" everyone can agree with because daily we carry our struggles, secrets, desires, thoughts, and ultimately our sin. This analogy of when a dog vomits and how piteous it is when it returns back to it and eats it, reminds me of all of us (not that we are dogs), but as dogs, we sometimes return to that same sin that God died for. Everyday we are to carry our cross and battle daily the temptations that come at us.

1 Corinthians 9:25
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

     Maybe at the moment of reading this, you find yourself not simply reading this but also relating to what I am blogging about, to where you find yourself at times with your back against the wall. We all, including myself are very good at putting on different faces that hide our emotional, physical, or our soul's hurt or longing for something more than average living...well, I have good news for you! Jesus loves you and you are never too far in to sin for the precious grace, mercy, and love that God has towards all of us that he will not forgive and forget you or your sins. God has a plan for you brother and sister, and I say this in a spirit of love. God has a plan: (Jeremiah 29:11)
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment about what ya think!