Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Birth Story is Interesting!

          "Mr. Cruz, the decision is yours, your son or your wife to live because only one will be able to make it," were the words that were told to my father right before my mother gave birth to me. YIKES! You see when I was inside of my mother's womb, I was the type of baby that kicked a lot inside of my mother. Therefore my mother already knew that I was going to be a niño "travieso" and all over the place. So you might be asking, what does you kicking have to do with anything when you were inside of your mother? Well, since I would move around a lot inside, I eventually got her umbilical cord wrapped around my neck and I was practically suffocating. Wow!
  Well you see, the Bible says in Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future," and it also mentions in Ephesians 2:10 that, "...we are God's masterpiece, created in the Messiah Jesus to do good works that God prepared long ago to be our way of life."
You see! God has all of us on His mind and has plans for us all and he has prepared a way for us. Now at times not all of us choose to allow God in our lives but He still loves us so much and watches over us! I truly thank God so much for life because there are no coincidences, rather God-given moments/appointments.
  So my dad told the doctor, "I would like to keep my wife, but if you can save both that would definitely be preferred." Awwwww! Well, I think that if I were a husband as well, I would had said the same thing as well, but that was definitely a shocker for me at first! My mother was having me around the time of September in the week of my dad's birthday so another discrepancy was that my mother was determined to give birth to me on my father's birthday. So the process began obviously of trying to rescue me and now of course I made it because if not then you would probably would not be reading this entry!  Her mission was accomplished on September 23, 1990 of having me born on my father's birthday that we now both share. The picture below was one of the times that we took pictures together on our birthday just a few years ago.

  

          I am forever thankful for the life that I have been trusted with and challenge myself to make a difference from now on and to live life to the fullest by enjoying family in friends but at the same time by not conforming. When I say "by not confirming," I mean by not enjoying life the ways that I have been told that is the best way to enjoy it, which is drinking it up, smoking, snorting, shooting it up, and by laying around with other girls also! Now, "con mas ganas" I make it a point to not be easily influenced by others when I know who I am in Christ and who my parents have raised me to be.
  So I am alive right now and I have no shame in telling anyone that I am a Christ follower, I attend church 3 times a day for service, I am a pastor's kid, I am a virgin and proud of it, I have not drunk any kind of beer or liquor, and I have not smoked anything or done any type of drugs. either! I want to spend the rest of my life chasing after God and fulfilling my purpose here on earth by using my talents that I too have been trusted with and putting it to work! You might say well I have already done all of that, well its never too late for you to start over again and God still loves you even while you were doing it and He has been waiting for you with arms wide open!
          If I knew about Skillet as a baby...I think I would have sung this song below! YEAY!

1 comment:

  1. What a testimony! God had a purpose for your life and He does not make mistakes. You are an amazing young man. I'm sure your parents are so proud of you. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment about what ya think!